The Fab 5

The Fab 5

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Kaylee reporting from M.U.N

                       M.U.N Club
     My name is k4y133. And I have decided to take a field trip to a planet called earth. To write a report on a club called M.U.N. When I arrived to the room where the club was being hosted I realized that the room was filled with earthlings.     

As strange as it was I still decided to find a comfortable spot to stand in the room. After a few minutes the head council of M.U.N decided to start talking a little bit about the club. They said that it was about world problems and/or global issues on the planet earth. For example, you can talk about things like child labour or money for the homeless earthlings anything you want.

Not only do you need to do non-fiction issues but you can also do issues from a movie or a book or something from your own creation. Like I would do my home planet Mars. Or I would make up something.

After we discussed what the club was about we talked about the things the club does. Like you get M.U.N hoodie. And you go to a hotel to discuss your problem to fellow M.U.N earthlings from other schools. So after that we just talked about payment and registration etc.

I’d say that my road trip to earth was an interesting experience and the club sounded like fun but now it is time to return home!  

                                                                          .                                                                             This was K4y133 reporting from Mars!

5 comments:

  1. Hey Kaylee!
    I really enjoyed reading this post! it's obvious you took on the approach of an alien. I especially liked when you called humans earthlings and your intro saying kylee reporting from MUN. For next time though I would suggest maybe you re-read your post because in the begining you wrote: "Kaylee reporting from M.U.N." but in the end you wrote "this was k4y133 reporting" so I'd just take a look at that. Over all your post was good short and sweet. When I first heard about M.U.N. It didn't appeal to me but you made it sound interesting and I just might look into it for next year! I can't wait to read your next post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Kaylee. That's a very creative name you came up with there (K4y133). You really made it sound like it was coming from the perspective of an alien. You also made the club sound fun by saying you get M.U.N. hoodies and get to stay in hotels. I think i'm actually thinking about joining! Thanks for the info Kaylee :) !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kayee did make the club sound like fun but at the same time I hope you did not get the impression it was all about hoodies and hotels! The members do have a great time but there is also some work, commitment, effort and interest/enthusiasm in global affairs and problem solving involved. I think you should check it out Anthony - but nor only for the hoodies and hotels. Why wait until next year - most clubs you can join at any time year -round.

      Delete
  3. Hi Kaylee,
    Your alien first impression of this earthling club was interesting. I liked how you gave examples of the kinds of real-world problems students try to address at an MUN conference. I think you could have done the same for the "Movie" examples too - I think I have heard of Zombie attack crises to be solved in the past. Is this what you mean? Just a reminder to start your post in ms word so that you can use grammar and spell check - copy and paste from your post to ms word and you will find a few errors and run-ons to address. I am curious; did you decide to join this club after all?

    ReplyDelete